Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filter Gallery based on lookup field of form

Hi 

I have Data Source as Common Data Service, i have a screen in which i have added a form with a different source. In the form there is a lookup field, i want to filter a gallery (which is in the same screen but with different source) with the value in the Lookup Field.

Screenshot_1.png

I want to filter the gallery on the basis of the value selected in the lookup field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filter Gallery based on lookup field of form

Hi @tjalui ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Role Price" data source you mentioned? Is it also a CDS Entity?

Do you want to filter your Gallery Items based on the selected value within the Price List LookUp field? Does the "Price List" LookUp field reference values from the "Role Price" data source?

If the "Price List" is a LookUp field in your "Quote Project Price Lists" Entity, which reference values from the "Role Price" Entity, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Items property of the GalleryRole to following:

Filter('Role Prices', 'Unique Identifier Column' = PriceListComboBox.Selected.'Unique Identifier Column')

Note: The 'Unqiue Identifier Column' represents the Unique Identifier column in your 'Roles Prices' Entity.

If the 'Role Prices' is not a CDS Entity, and there is a relationship between the "Quote Project Price Lists" Entity and the "Role Prices" data source, please modify above formula as below:

Filter('Role Prices', FilteredColumn = PriceListComboBox.Selected.DisplayColumn)

Note: The FilteredColumn represents the column in your 'Role Prices' data source, which used to compare with the selected value within the Price List ComboBox. The DisplayColumn represents the column you used as display value within the PriceList ComboBox.

If the 'Price List' column is a Option Set column or Two Option column in your "Quote Project Price Lists" Entity, please consider modify above formula as below:

Filter('Role Prices', FilteredColumn = PriceListComboBox.Selected.Value)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filter Gallery based on lookup field of form

Hi @tjalui ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Role Price" data source you mentioned? Is it also a CDS Entity?

Do you want to filter your Gallery Items based on the selected value within the Price List LookUp field? Does the "Price List" LookUp field reference values from the "Role Price" data source?

If the "Price List" is a LookUp field in your "Quote Project Price Lists" Entity, which reference values from the "Role Price" Entity, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Items property of the GalleryRole to following:

Filter('Role Prices', 'Unique Identifier Column' = PriceListComboBox.Selected.'Unique Identifier Column')

Note: The 'Unqiue Identifier Column' represents the Unique Identifier column in your 'Roles Prices' Entity.

If the 'Role Prices' is not a CDS Entity, and there is a relationship between the "Quote Project Price Lists" Entity and the "Role Prices" data source, please modify above formula as below:

Filter('Role Prices', FilteredColumn = PriceListComboBox.Selected.DisplayColumn)

Note: The FilteredColumn represents the column in your 'Role Prices' data source, which used to compare with the selected value within the Price List ComboBox. The DisplayColumn represents the column you used as display value within the PriceList ComboBox.

If the 'Price List' column is a Option Set column or Two Option column in your "Quote Project Price Lists" Entity, please consider modify above formula as below:

Filter('Role Prices', FilteredColumn = PriceListComboBox.Selected.Value)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,273)