Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Station1901
Helper III
Helper III

Filter Gallery using Toggle results

Hello,

I have a sharepoint list which holds data collected from a powerapp.  One of the columns in the sharepoint list is named 'Assessment' and the results in this column are patched in from a toggle switch.

I am trying to generate a gallery on another screen which only filters records from that list which are true but I can get it to work.  The 'true' results show in the sharepoint list as Yes though I have altered my formula to test this and nothing works.  I am relatively new to designing powerapps so it could be something simple but i'm really stuck.

My sharepoint list is named 'DriverLeavers' and the column I am trying to pull in and filter is names 'Assessment' I have tried using....

'Filter(DriverLeavers,Assessment="Yes")'

'Filter(DriverLeavers,Assessment=true)'

Both of these just display every record held in the sharepoint list in the gallery

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Station1901 ,

Could you tell me the data type of Assessment?

If it is a yes/no data type, then please refer what he said @Drrickryp 

It is a known issue that you can not use ""true/false" to filter a yes/no data type in sharepoint list.

For now, I suggest you use 1/0 to filter this kind field.

Using "1" to filter items are true.

Using "0" to filter items are false.

For example: 

Filter(DriverLeavers,Assessment=0)    //false items

Filter(DriverLeavers,Assessment=1)   //true items

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

To diagnose your issue I must ask a preliminary question: did you check to see if the PATCH was successful?

Now that we are sure the data was successfully patched did you refresh your datasource after the patch? Try this:

Filter(DriverLeavers,Assessment=True);
Refresh(DriverLeavers);

Note: there is an upper case T in True.

Let me know if this works for you or if it fails.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Hi mdevaney,

Thanks for getting back to me. The patch is fine but unfortunately it didn't work with 'True' or lowercase 't'

thanks

@Station1901
Did you use the Refresh statement after PATCH as I have suggested in my previous post?

Filter(DriverLeavers,Assessment=True);
Refresh(DriverLeavers);

Hi @Station1901 

There is a well known bug related to SharePoint True/False columns.  If you change it to single line of text, it works as you wish. Alternatively, there are work arounds using collections. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Filter-will-not-filtering-properly-...  @Shanescows recent video on ForAll() and Patch() shows this workaround as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xZ4fMJbLvk 

Yes, I've used the refresh statement.  Also, The patch is in a separate part of the app (different screen & activated with a button).  I assumed my gallery would work from the existing data in the sharepoint list 'DriverLeavers'? - It's still not working

Hi @Station1901 ,

Could you tell me the data type of Assessment?

If it is a yes/no data type, then please refer what he said @Drrickryp 

It is a known issue that you can not use ""true/false" to filter a yes/no data type in sharepoint list.

For now, I suggest you use 1/0 to filter this kind field.

Using "1" to filter items are true.

Using "0" to filter items are false.

For example: 

Filter(DriverLeavers,Assessment=0)    //false items

Filter(DriverLeavers,Assessment=1)   //true items

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The data type is Yes/No.  I have used the 1/0 as you have suggested and my gallery now works perfectly.  Thankyou!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (2,772)