cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Filter Gallery with Display Name (Azure Blob Storage)

I have a screen with onVisible property set as ClearCollect(Collection1,AzureBlobStorage.ListFolderV2("XXXXXXX").value)

My gallery Items property set as Collection1

My search button onSelect property set as ClearCollect(Collection1,NameFilter.Text in DisplayName)

I want allow the user enter some input in NameFilter textbox and user can click the search button to filter the gallery with the name.

For example, user key in Apple in the textbox, the galley will filter item display name which contain "apple".

I tried function above but I still not able to filter the gallery, any other way to solve this?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @NeohLooi 

Should you note use the Collection1 for anything else than displaying its content in the gallery, you don't really need it.

You could simply add AzureBlobStorage.ListFolderV2("XXXXXXX").value as the Items property of your gallery.

You could do something like this to search for items in the blob storage:

Search(
    AzureBlobStorage.ListFolderV2("XXXXXXX").value,
    NameFilter.Text,
    "<a column from your blob storage>"
)

// and if you do it with your collection

Search(
    Collection1,
    NameFilter.Text,
    "<a column from your collection>"
)

If you have less than 500, respectively 2000 items, you shouldn't run into delegation issues.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Hi @FabianAckeret ,
I tried the solution that you provided, it does not work, the galley do not filter by the search.

@NeohLooi 

Can you do this

ClearCollect(Collection1,AzureBlobStorage.ListFolderV2("XXXXXXX").value)

and then send me a screenshot of the collection? Then I could give you a more accurate answer.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Super User
Super User

Hi @NeohLooi 

Did you manage to solve your issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (18,865)