cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Filter Gallery with Multiple Selection with different checkbox

Hi to all, i have a big problem, i need to filter gallery with multiple checkbox that accept multi value and a inputTextbox, all the controls are not required, user can select what he want .

I tryed but it's so hard for me..

If someone can help me, thanks in advance

filterQuery.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

noone have ideas?

Highlighted

Hi @vincenzos1984_1 

If you get rid of the checkboxes and use listboxes instead, it will be easier to set up the logic.  In the screenshot below I used a database of fake names and addresses.multiselect.png
Comboboxes could be used instead of listboxes but both controls support multiple selections.  The key in the formula is to use the filter with the "in" operator for these types of controls.  The radio control is used for the binary choice, in your case, gender.  It is possible to use checkboxes as your screenshot illustrates but the logic becomes much more complex because they are not really designed for this.  A combobox with the multiselect option active should serve the purpose you have allotted for the textbox control + the name checkboxes for the name. 

Highlighted

@vincenzos1984_1 

Another approach to doing this would be to use galleries to collect the data.  Mr. Dang came up with this solution and I referenced it in this post. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Gallery-Checkbox-List/td-p/577682 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,825)