Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilrambhajan
Helper III
Helper III

Filter Gallery with Text Input against Sharepoint List Text Column

Hi,

I need to apply a filter on a Gallery in Power Apps connected to a SharePoint list.

I would like to be able to search by either title or description via a textbox search parameter. When I attempt to do so, I get the delegation warning.

I want the user to be able to type one or more words in the text box and any match, even partial match that is found, the results are returned. 

Can you assist?

5 REPLIES 5
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@anilrambhajan 

Search() and the in operator are not delegatable in SharePoint. See here for work arounds. 

https://www.practicalpowerapps.com/delegation/power-apps-delegation-sharepoint/ 

Harrison_Ellem
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, @anilrambhajan 

I wouldn't worry about delegation warning unless your SharePoint list is more then 500 records long

I am expecting well over 2000 records as part of this application.

Well I would then just do some google searches on some function's that don't worry about delegation or use something other than SharePoint and look at a local database that you can use.

Thank you for your guidance. Unfortunately, I am limited to SharePoint as my data source and I have not had any luck thus far regarding solutions found on google.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,900)