cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeithD
Frequent Visitor

Filter ListB on selected item from ListA, return most recent date

I have a combobox that looks at SharePoint 'ListA' shows ColumnA & ColumnB is searchable on ColumnA

Under the combobox i have a number of textinputs in view displaymode that return other values from ListA based on selected item in combobox

Im trying to add another textinput that takes the selected item from combobox, look up ColumnA value in ListB ColumnC and returns ListB ColumnD

I can make this work with a lookup ....

LookUp(ListB, ColumnC = Combobox.Selected.ColumnA, ColumnD)

How ever ListA ColumnA value can appear in ListB ColumnC multiple times,

ListB ColumnD is a date and i need to return the most recent date when there are multiple matches in ColumnC

I understand i need to use Filter instead of lookup then sort the results but im struggling to make this work,

Can any one offer some direction?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @KeithD ,

You can do this with a LookUp

LookUp(
   Sort(
      ListB,
      ColumnD,
      Descending
   ),	  
   ColumnC = Combobox.Selected.ColumnA
).ColumnD

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @KeithD ,

You can do this with a LookUp

LookUp(
   Sort(
      ListB,
      ColumnD,
      Descending
   ),	  
   ColumnC = Combobox.Selected.ColumnA
).ColumnD

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Worked perfectly thank you, should have thought of doing that my self. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,601)