cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Filter Lookupcolumn using selection in another lookupcolumn

Hey All,

I am trying to filter one lookupcolumn in Sharepoint(ItemID) based on the selection in another lookupcolumn in sharepoint(ProjectID).

Background: I have 3 SP lists,

1. Project Level 2. Item Level 3. FCitemlevel.

1. the form I am editing is based on 3rd List FC item level. It has lookup columns ProjectID(looks into project level for list of project numbers) and ItemID(looks into Item level list for list of items created)
  2. the Itemlevel list also has lookup into project ID which is called LookupProject.

I tried below formula in items field for ItemID but failed

Filter(Choices([@'FC-ItemLevel'].ItemID), 'Item Level'.LookupProject = ProjectIDInput.Selected.Value)

ArunKrishnan_0-1605607966942.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RandyHayes 

Filter('Item Level', LookupProject.Value = ProjectIDInput.Selected.Value).Title

Above formula in Items worked. I removed choices thing in my formula and looked up into Item level rather my current list.

Thank you for looking into my request.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

@ArunKrishnan 

Consider changing your formula to the following:

Filter('FC-ItemLevel', 'Item Level'.LookupProject = ProjectDInput.Selected.Value)

Then set your display value to ItemID in the dropdown.

That should give you what you need.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

@RandyHayes 

Thanks for your reply.

What do you refer here as Display value of dropdown? do u mean display fields option shown in pic?

ArunKrishnan_0-1605628050745.png

Super User III
Super User III

@ArunKrishnan 

Yes, but to be clear now (based on your picture) your control is NOT a dropdown, it is a combobox.

You can set the field layout easier in the property pane on the right of the designer.  For a combobox, you will have a "Fields" property with an edit link next to it.  Click on that and you can choose the display fields quickly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Helper I
Helper I

Hey, I tried the forumla. got delegation warning. But no items to select in the preview mode.

I am not sure where to set the items. I tried in Displaymode but only thisitem.ItemID option is available.

ArunKrishnan_0-1605628770005.png

Hey, Apologies. @RandyHayes 

Yes both are combo box. They are lookup field in my list referring to another list.

Should the formula still change to Filter('FC-ItemLevel', 'Item Level'.LookupProject = ProjectDInput.Selected.Value) and then edit fields in property pane to show itemID?

Super User III
Super User III

@ArunKrishnan 

From your picture, your Combobox has a dependency in it.  Remove that dependency.

And yes to your last question...change the Items property formula as suggested and then select the proper display field in the edit fields.

Hi @RandyHayes 

Filter('Item Level', LookupProject.Value = ProjectIDInput.Selected.Value).Title

Above formula in Items worked. I removed choices thing in my formula and looked up into Item level rather my current list.

Thank you for looking into my request.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,646)