cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leu0101
Frequent Visitor

Filter Out Specific Value in Column- Gallery Display | Show everything BUT completed tasks

Hi, I have the below formula and it seems to still produce "Completed" tasks.  I would like everything BUT completed tasks to display in the gallery.  I also seem to be getting a delegation error but the record count is under 500 so I don't think that is the issue.  I am working with the HelpDesk PowerApps template if that helps.

If(isAdmin,Filter(Sort(HelpDesk,Descending),Status.Value="NOT STARTED"||Status.Value="IN PROGRESS"||Status.Value="ON HOLD"),Sort(Filter(Filter(HelpDesk,Assignedto.Email = MyProfile.Mail || Assignedto.Claims = MyProfile.UserPrincipalName ), Status.Value<>"COMPLETED"),Descending))  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Leu0101 ,

The Does not Equal <> operator is not Delegable - you will get a warning regardless of your list size as you could increase this in the future without changing Power Apps. There may also be a Delegation issue if you are using a people column here. I have done a blog on Delegation that may be of interest to you.

If your required data will always be in the newest 500-2000 (depending on your settings), this will work without a Delegation warning.

With(
   wDesk:
   Sort(
      HelpDesk,
      ID,
      Descending
   ),
   Filter(
      wDesk,
      If(
         isAdmin,
         Status.Value="NOT STARTED" || Status.Value="IN PROGRESS" || Status.Value="ON HOLD",
         (
            Assignedto.Email = MyProfile.Mail || Assignedto.Claims = MyProfile.UserPrincipalName
         ) && 
         Status.Value<>"COMPLETED"
      )
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @Leu0101 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Leu0101 ,

The Does not Equal <> operator is not Delegable - you will get a warning regardless of your list size as you could increase this in the future without changing Power Apps. There may also be a Delegation issue if you are using a people column here. I have done a blog on Delegation that may be of interest to you.

If your required data will always be in the newest 500-2000 (depending on your settings), this will work without a Delegation warning.

With(
   wDesk:
   Sort(
      HelpDesk,
      ID,
      Descending
   ),
   Filter(
      wDesk,
      If(
         isAdmin,
         Status.Value="NOT STARTED" || Status.Value="IN PROGRESS" || Status.Value="ON HOLD",
         (
            Assignedto.Email = MyProfile.Mail || Assignedto.Claims = MyProfile.UserPrincipalName
         ) && 
         Status.Value<>"COMPLETED"
      )
   )
)

Leu0101
Frequent Visitor

What is wDesk?

@Leu0101 ,

Just a Variable created in the With() statement (you can call it anything you like)- please have a read of this blog of mine and you should understand the principle.

Hi @Leu0101 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,320)