cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter Power Apps drop downs by other fields

I have created 2 combo box "cbt name" and "customer unique name".

I want values in "customer unique name" such a way that only relevant values shows as per the selection done in CBT name.

Filter('LAT APP data',CBT Name= DataCardValue11.Selected.result).

But the above function is not working.

DataCardValue11 is the combo box for CBT name.

PLS Help.!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the CBT Name ComboBox?

Are the 'CBT Name' field and 'Customer Unique Name' field both Choice type column in your Data source (e.g. a SP List)?

If the 'CBT Name' field and 'Customer Unique Name' field both Choice type column in your SP List, I think there is something wrong with your formula. Please consider modify it as below:

Filter('LAT APP data','CBT Name'.Value = DataCardValue11.Selected.Value)

If the Items property of the 'CBT Name' ComboBox is set to a Distinct(...) formula, you need to modify above formula as below:

Filter('LAT APP data','CBT Name'.Value = DataCardValue11.Selected.Result)

Please consider try above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
eka24
Super User
Super User

If CBT name is a column, put it in single quotes:

Filter('LAT APP data','CBT Name'= DataCardValue11.Selected.result)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

single quotes also not working.

I'm confused what name should i put in.

Attaching the scrrenshot.

lat app data is sharepoint list.

BrianS
Super User
Super User

Combo boxes can return a table, which I believe is the issue here. If you want a single value to search on you can use .Value instead of .Result - I believe. If you are selecting multiple names of Customers that is a different issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now getting error that datacardvalue11 not supported.

Attaching screenshot.

If you are only trying to select one customer I would suggest using a dropdown, not a Combo box. Dropdowns only return one value and can be used with the Filter formula yo have.

Looking more closely at the error, it appears that PowerApps is not picking up the control correctly. I would try saving, and exiting PowerApps. Then go back to editing. You may also need to delete that formula and re-enter it. 

However the caveat about the Dropdown vs Combo box holds. This formula will only look up the first selection in the Combo Box, I believe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are multiple values in CBT Name and Customer name as well.

Take a screenshot of the formula on the first dropdown. Also can you show a sample of your table

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

I would take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjs0ZsnJZXo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,784)