cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Filter PowerApp based on attribute of current user

Hi,

I have made a simple app that feeds from a sharepoint list of name and employee ID numbers.

I would like to set it so that the data is filtered to only show specific data to specific users i.e. each user belongs to a particular store name (this is contained in a field in their Office365 profile) and this field is also a field in the sharepoint list.

How can this be done? I have seen a few posts where email has been used but in this case I would I need to use a different field in office365. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Filter PowerApp based on attribute of current user

Hi @jakeryan56,

Using custom properties are not possible at the moment.

You could vote for it here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Connect-to-custom-SharePoint-Online-user-propert...

Robot Happy Rick

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@jakeryan56 Help me to understand a bit more please.  You have an Office365 field utilized universally and you would like to match that against your SP list to filter and display to the PowerApps user based on that field?

If that is correct, I did something similar with employee id's.  Our employee id's are stored in MailNickname  in Office365.  I retrieve that within the app OnStart with a global variable..  You can then user this to compare against your SP list.

Hope this is along the lines of what you are seeking.  

Set(UserID, Office365Users.MyProfile().MailNickname)
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jakeryan56,

Could you please share a bit more about the store name that you mentioned? Is it a custom property within your Office 365 profile?

I agree with @Rick72't thought almost, if the Store name is a custom property within your Office 365 Profile, I afraid that there is no way to reference this property using Office365 Users connector (Office365Users.MyProfile().PropertyName) or User() function within PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

More details about the output properties of the Office365Users.MyProfile(), please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-office365-users#...

More details about the User() function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

User function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,806)