cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sobenson
Helper II
Helper II

Filter SP List date/time column, choice column and datepicker

I am stuck.  I have a Confeence Room Schedule list, and am trying to create an app to display the schedule for multiple days.  If my SP list MeetingDate field is just a date field, this works filtering the gallery to show that date and room

Filter(
     'PackExpo Conf Schedule',
           MeetingDate=DatePicker1.SelectedDate,   
           Location.Value="OnSite Rm 2"
         ) 

If I change the MeetingDate column to include time, my filters work independent, but not together

Shows correct room

Filter('PackExpo Conf Schedule',Location.Value="OnSite Rm 1" )

If I change it to this, (with my MeetingDate having both date and time) I get it to work with the datepicker

Filter('PackExpo Conf Schedule',Text(MeetingDate,ShortDate) = Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,ShortDate))

but together nothing is showing

Filter('PackExpo Conf Schedule',Text(MeetingDate,ShortDate) = Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,ShortDate), Location.Value="OnSite Rm 1")

I also tried and get the same blank results (Thanks for trying @PG_WorXz10 )

Filter('PackExpo Conf Schedule',Text(MeetingDate,ShortDate) = Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,ShortDate)&& Location.Value="OnSite Rm 1")

What  am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I resolved the issue the DatePicker does not need to have "Shortdate" added.  

Below is the working code

Filter('PackExpo Conf Schedule',Text(MeetingDate,ShortDate)=Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate) && Location.Value="Onsite Rm 1")

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @sobenson ,

Please  try below code 

Filter('PackExpo Conf Schedule',Text(MeetingDate,ShortDate) = Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,ShortDate)&& Location.Value="OnSite Rm 1")

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

@PG_WorXz10 That did not work either.  It clears all data from the gallery

Hi @sobenson ,

Just to be sure that filters are working and there is not issue with the data. Could you please try below code ? 

If it works the issue is with the data in the List but if it does not show anything we can be sure that there is some issue with the filters. 

Filter('PackExpo Conf Schedule',Text(MeetingDate,ShortDate) = Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,ShortDate) || Location.Value="OnSite Rm 1")

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

sobenson
Helper II
Helper II

Yes @PG_WorXz10  that does show information.  This is all stemmed from adding the Time option with the Date/Time column.  Even though I am saying pull out the "ShortDate" it won't filter.  Either one of the filters work separately, but not together.

Hi @sobenson 

Does below code filters data properly ?

Filter('PackExpo Conf Schedule',Text(MeetingDate,ShortDate) = Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,ShortDate))

@PG_WorXz10  Yes it shows everything for the selected day

Hi @sobenson ,

Just to confirm there is no issue with  list data could you test manually by filtering the backend with DatePickerSelectedDate and Location value Onsite Rm 1. 

@PG_WorXz10 I am not 100% sure what you are asking, the back end is a SP List.  Both of these filters work independent.

Filter('PackExpo Conf Schedule', Location.Value="Onsite Rm 1")

Attached is an excel export of my list.  I was trying to play around with calculated columns to see if I could get it to work with that, but am having similar issues.

I resolved the issue the DatePicker does not need to have "Shortdate" added.  

Below is the working code

Filter('PackExpo Conf Schedule',Text(MeetingDate,ShortDate)=Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate) && Location.Value="Onsite Rm 1")

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,735)