cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter SharePoint List (datatable) using dropdown

I have a datatable with a Sharepoint list as its source and I have a dropdown with distinct values from column "Room Location". How can I get my dropdown field to help only display room locations that match the dropdown?

Ie. If Conference Room 3018 is selected from the dropdown, I only want to see Room locations that equal Conference Room 3018.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Set the Items for data table to something like

Filter(DataSourceName, RoomLocation = Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Set the Items for data table to something like

Filter(DataSourceName, RoomLocation = Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

PERFECT!!!!! Thank you very much!!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to select all options, in case a user wants to see them all instead of just one conference room?

Highlighted

Hi Shane,

I got the same issue, but that formula seems doesnt work, I have a online sharepoint list which have a Lookup column,
and that column is for the "CustomerID" which reflects on the DDCustomerID, If I put on Datatable2 Items the following "Filter(CustomerTable, CustomerID=DDCustomerID.Selected.Value) I got an error "Invocation of Unknown or unsupported function"

I need help. TIA

Highlighted

Hi TIA,

in my case I had to write e.g. "DDCustomerID.Value". I think the reason is that it's language specific. In my case it's the german language. some operands are different. I would prefer to have one way to write formulars and not language dependent.

Greetings, Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,630)