cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter SharePoint Picture Library with Folders

Hi all,

I have an app that takes a picture and then calls a Flow to upload it to a SharePoint Online Picture Library.

Everything's working well so far, I can successfully upload images and read them back...But of course there's a catch...

I can only read the images as long as they are under the root folder in the library... Once I create a new folder and upload the images in there, I can't find a way of returning them in PowerApps.

When I create the images I also create an item in a SharePoint Online list and I put the item ID on the image, so that my filter to get the image looks like this:

Filter('Snaggings Images', Snag.Id = GallerySnaggings.Selected.ID)

- where Snag is my lookup column on the Picture Library

Looks like I can get the folder, if I query based on the 'Name':

LookUp('Snaggings Images', '{Name}' = "112").'{Link}'

- hardcoded value for name for testing purposes - it returns the correct link back.

- if I change the name to one of my picture names - it doesn't return anything.

I have tried to use the path to get to an image directly, I have tried using the link... nothing seems to be seen from the PowerApp if it is inside a folder. 

Is this a current limitation that you are aware off?

PS. My Picture Library only has 20 items in it, so the issue is not caused by Delegation (from my lookup column)

And I can also see the picture if I put the link directly on the Picture control...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MelindaK,

It seems that subfolders under the library cannot be detected by PowerApps. When I try to get the data under the subfolder, it returns an error saying that list not found, while I am able to connect to the root folder in the library without issues.

Not sure if it is a current limitation. I will help confirm this on my side and back to you later.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MelindaK,

It seems that subfolders under the library cannot be detected by PowerApps. When I try to get the data under the subfolder, it returns an error saying that list not found, while I am able to connect to the root folder in the library without issues.

Not sure if it is a current limitation. I will help confirm this on my side and back to you later.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,497)