cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter SharePoint Picture Library with Folders

Hi all,

I have an app that takes a picture and then calls a Flow to upload it to a SharePoint Online Picture Library.

Everything's working well so far, I can successfully upload images and read them back...But of course there's a catch...

I can only read the images as long as they are under the root folder in the library... Once I create a new folder and upload the images in there, I can't find a way of returning them in PowerApps.

When I create the images I also create an item in a SharePoint Online list and I put the item ID on the image, so that my filter to get the image looks like this:

Filter('Snaggings Images', Snag.Id = GallerySnaggings.Selected.ID)

- where Snag is my lookup column on the Picture Library

Looks like I can get the folder, if I query based on the 'Name':

LookUp('Snaggings Images', '{Name}' = "112").'{Link}'

- hardcoded value for name for testing purposes - it returns the correct link back.

- if I change the name to one of my picture names - it doesn't return anything.

I have tried to use the path to get to an image directly, I have tried using the link... nothing seems to be seen from the PowerApp if it is inside a folder. 

Is this a current limitation that you are aware off?

PS. My Picture Library only has 20 items in it, so the issue is not caused by Delegation (from my lookup column)

And I can also see the picture if I put the link directly on the Picture control...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MelindaK,

It seems that subfolders under the library cannot be detected by PowerApps. When I try to get the data under the subfolder, it returns an error saying that list not found, while I am able to connect to the root folder in the library without issues.

Not sure if it is a current limitation. I will help confirm this on my side and back to you later.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MelindaK,

It seems that subfolders under the library cannot be detected by PowerApps. When I try to get the data under the subfolder, it returns an error saying that list not found, while I am able to connect to the root folder in the library without issues.

Not sure if it is a current limitation. I will help confirm this on my side and back to you later.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (877)