cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter SharePoint list on Current User

Hello everyone!

We would like to filter the data from our SharePoint list 'Travel Request' on the traveler (being the current user of the PowerApps).

E.g. Request 1:

Traveler: John Doe

Destination: New York

When the PowerApps User is Jane, she can not see this request in the BrowseGallery.

When it's John Doe, he can see his request.

PowerAppke.PNG

Thanks in advance!

23 REPLIES 23

Thanks for the idea ! It worked for me !

Thank you for the great idea. It is giving Blue Circle Deligation Error which still works for me.

I have the same problem and your solution does not work. 

Helper II
Helper II

This did help me to filter on User = email from people field: (I was using people field and it did not work well with powerapps) (3200+ items)
https://wonderlaura.com/2018/10/26/powerapps-filter-by-me/

Solution in short: use variable "on start" + "OnVisisble" refresh of the list and use same variable in filter +  single line of text field instead of poeple field.

SortByColumns(Filter('Sandwich shop',(Salesrepemail = CurrentUser.Email) And ((StartsWith(Account_x0020_name, TextSearchBox1.Text)) Or (StartsWith(Street, TextSearchBox1.Text)) Or (StartsWith(City, TextSearchBox1.Text))Or (StartsWith(Postal_x0020_Code, TextSearchBox1.Text)))), "Account_x0020_name", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

To let the users still be able to use the people field, I use flow to auto populate the new single line of text field with a copy of email adress from people field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (44,769)