cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmalm
Helper II
Helper II

Filter Table based on Lookup Fields in a Collection

Seems like this should be easy. I have a collection with multiple lookup fields/records.

Long story short, I want to filter a sharepoint list that a combo box uses with all the lookup field records in the collection.

Please help!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @cmalm ,

When you say "all lookup fields in the collection" do you mean all fields are based in SharePoint Lookup fields?

Yes the collection has the lookup fields of a sharepoint list. I want to filter the parent table/SP List that those lookup fields reference.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmalm ,

Could you please show some sample data to describe the issue clearly?

My understanding is that You want to filter the Parent List Gallery by Combobox which bound to LookUp field of Child List.

If the Combobox.Items: Choices(ChildList.LookUpColumn)

then ParentGallery.Items: Filter(ParentList, ID=ComboboxName.Selected.Id)

If the Combobox.Items: ChildList

then ParentGallery.Items: Filter(ParentList, ID=ComboboxName.Selected.LookUpColumn.Id)

Hope this helps.

Sik

Hi @cmalm ,

With a Combo Box, PowerApps will set the Items when it adds the card, they will be Choices(YourListName.YourFieldName)

A Gallery based on this Combo Box will have the Items property

Filter(
   YourListName, 
   ID=YourComboName.Selected.Id
)

Happy to help further when you give me more specifics.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @cmalm ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,481)