cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter a Combo Box with a group column depending of other Combo Box

Hello Friends,

I have a Combobox with an Activity, I have a second Combobox.

I need that one to show me that group that is assigned to it in my sp list. I have this, any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you mean if you select 'Testing' in combo box1, the combo box2 only has two options, Maria and Felipe, right?

What is the FilterGroup column type? Person/Group column, right?

If the FilterGroup is a Person/Group column, please ensure to set the following codes to Items property of combo box2, and modify the 'DisplayField' to ["FG"].

Filter(AddColumns('SP list',"FG", FilterGroup.DisplayName), ActivityDescription=ComboBox1.Selected.ActivityDescription)

Please check the images: 

Snipaste_2020-02-25_14-13-49.pngSnipaste_2020-02-25_14-14-39.png

If this doesn't make sense, please share the Items property of Combo box 1 and combo box 2?

Sik

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You are wanting to filter one ComboBox from items chosen from the same list. What is the Items property and Name of the first box and what is the List name and Field name you are looking for?

Hi @Anonymous ,

I actually posted this on another query a few minutes ago - please advise if it is relevant to what you are asking.

Here is an example of a SharePoint list I have called Crew. The Crew members have a Type - which is actually their job role.

So the first DropDown is called ddType and has the Items Property

Distinct(Crew,Type)

It produces a crew Type list as below.

CrewType1.pngCrewType2.png

The second DropDown shows the filtered FullName all crew names of that Type. The Items property of this is

Filter(Crew,Type = ddType.Selected.Result).FullName

It produces as full list of all crew names belonging to that Type

CrewList1.pngCrewList2.png

Are you able to relate this structure to what you have ? All fields in the data set are text.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you please share more about your scenario?

What is the issue you are facing? Does the FilterGroup mean the Person/Group type column?

If you want the combo box to list the Group Name filtered by the first combo box, please try this:

Filter(AddColumns('SP list',"FG", FilterGroup.DisplayName), ActivityDescription=ComboBox1.Selected.ActivityDescription)

And, set DisplayFields property: ["FG"], then, the combo box will list the filtered Group name.

Please have a try. If this is not in your case, please share more information on your issue.

Snipaste_2020-02-20_15-06-26.png

Sik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Warren,

I have a combo Box that shows me activities, so I want to do this, If i select PA test, the second combo box should have those two persons on it. 

So Activity: Testing, Group: Maria, Felipe

Activity: Testing 1, Group: Camilo, Luis 

Like that 

Anonymous
Not applicable

v-siky, 

I tried that solution, but the combo box does not allow me to change the activity description to FG, I don't know why.

I need if I select activity1 it filters the group in the combo box 2, all depending on the activity that I select in the combo box 1, I tried a lot of formulas but I was not able to make them work in the way that I need to. 

Ok @Anonymous ,

What is the Items property of the Activity DropDown (please give me text, not a screenshot) and also (you can change the names if you want and I will use those name) text for the Items of the other one.

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you mean if you select 'Testing' in combo box1, the combo box2 only has two options, Maria and Felipe, right?

What is the FilterGroup column type? Person/Group column, right?

If the FilterGroup is a Person/Group column, please ensure to set the following codes to Items property of combo box2, and modify the 'DisplayField' to ["FG"].

Please check the images: 

Snipaste_2020-02-25_14-13-49.pngSnipaste_2020-02-25_14-14-39.png

If this doesn't make sense, please share the Items property of Combo box 1 and combo box 2?

Sik

Hi @Anonymous ,

How is the issue going? Has it been resolved?

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,075)