Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Capuchino
Helper I
Helper I

Filter a Gallery by a Text Input which is not a column in the Sharepoint list

Hello, 

I am trying to filer a Gallery by a Text Input of a Gallery which is not a Column in SharePoint list.

I would like to filter by the Final Decision : "Approved" however it is a TextInput Calculated directly in the Gallery based on other TextInput of the Gallery. The column "Final Decision" doesn't exist in Source so the formula   

Capuchino_0-1659986174427.png

I tried: If(Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value="Accepted", Filter(ExpressShipmentRequest, FinalDecision.Text="Accepted"), ExpressShipmentRequest)

Any idea on how to solve this? 

Best regards, 

Capucine 

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Capuchino ,

The key to solving this is probably in the way the value for 'Final decision' is calculated. You should be able to re-use that code to get the conditions in you filter right.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Capuchino ,

You need to make the calculation in the filter based on the other List fields (I assume that is how it is made)

Filter(
   AddColumns(
      ExpressShipmentRequest,
      "FinalDecision",
      YourCalculationHere
   ),	  
    Dropdown1.Selected.Value <> "Accepted" || FinalDecision = Dropdown1.Selected.Value
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,974)