cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scorpion77
Frequent Visitor

Filter a Gallery with Office365 User's Manager

Hi All,

Is it possible to filter a Gallery with Office365 User's Manager - Display Name?

I am trying to do this, but I am getting an error.

Error message: This rule creates circular reference between properties, which is not allowed. A property cannot reference itself or other properties affected by its value.

3 REPLIES 3
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @scorpion77 ,

Yes, Possible.

Please find the below solution for your problem.

Filter(Sourcename,Lower(ManagerName) = Lower(Office365Users.Manager(User().Email).DisplayName))

Thanks,

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."-Vijay

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

@scorpion77 sure you can use the with the User's manager, but you will have to be clearer as to what it is you want to filter. 

scorpion77
Frequent Visitor

@rubin_boer  & @VijayTailor 

Thanks for your responses.

I am trying to filter a gallery with the Manager Combo box as a filter to select the Manager.

When we select a Manager, gallery should show only selected manger reporting users data.

In the Gallery, I am getting user's manager name from the Office365.

Office365Users.ManagerV2(ThisItem.Email).displayName  

Tried this formula with my SharePoint data source. It's not working in this scenario.

Filter(Sourcename , Lower(ManagerName) = Lower(Office365Users.Manager(User().Email).DisplayName))

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,102)