cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uhlemanna
Regular Visitor

Filter a datatable sharepoint list

Hi, I just start working with PowerApps and I try to start to create a custom listform (SharePOint Online).

I insert a secound connection to an other SPO list and put it as a datatable to the form, good so far 🙂

But I tried to follow some tutorials to implement a filter and stock on the formula.

in the most tutorials there is a "," after the source, but the system tells me it shoud be a ";", I mean I don't care I can handle it but my simple formula does not work so this is my formula:

Filter(testlist; Titel = SearchTextBox.Text) 

the debug tells me an error in the formula but not where 😞

can anybody help?

Thanks 

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uhlemanna
Regular Visitor

Finally I found my mistake in the filter statement.

And here is my Solution: 

Filter(TestList; PlainText('RefField'.Value) = PlainText(SearchBox.Text))

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

It has to do with the language settings on your computer.   Some things are different in Power Apps if your separator is a comma instead of a dot.   The tutorials you look at are based on the language of the author.   In the U.S. there would be a comma after the data source.   In countries where the language separator is a comma, there would be this:  ; after the datasource.

You can read about it here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/global-apps

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
uhlemanna
Regular Visitor

Thanks, but the site and my pc settings working with the same region. 

And it is not a big deal if , or ; but i still wondering why it telling me an error and I don't know what is wrong.

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Can you share a screenshot of your formula?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
uhlemanna
Regular Visitor

PA-Filter-Error.png

uhlemanna
Regular Visitor

It is in german but it tells me that it expect a Text Value, ok and now?

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Is the Titel the normal SharePoint Title field (Single line of Text)?

yes it is

So to get a better idea of what you are doing, I need some additional information.

If I understand correctly you have a text box that you are using to filter your datasource and you want the form to display the item that is found when a title is entered into the text box?

uhlemanna
Regular Visitor

you are right, this is what I like for this test. 

On the end, I like to filter all items from the 2nd list in the datalist by a reference of the current item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,192)