cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uhlemanna
Frequent Visitor

Filter a datatable sharepoint list

Hi, I just start working with PowerApps and I try to start to create a custom listform (SharePOint Online).

I insert a secound connection to an other SPO list and put it as a datatable to the form, good so far 🙂

But I tried to follow some tutorials to implement a filter and stock on the formula.

in the most tutorials there is a "," after the source, but the system tells me it shoud be a ";", I mean I don't care I can handle it but my simple formula does not work so this is my formula:

Filter(testlist; Titel = SearchTextBox.Text) 

the debug tells me an error in the formula but not where 😞

can anybody help?

Thanks 

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uhlemanna
Frequent Visitor

Finally I found my mistake in the filter statement.

And here is my Solution: 

Filter(TestList; PlainText('RefField'.Value) = PlainText(SearchBox.Text))

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

It has to do with the language settings on your computer.   Some things are different in Power Apps if your separator is a comma instead of a dot.   The tutorials you look at are based on the language of the author.   In the U.S. there would be a comma after the data source.   In countries where the language separator is a comma, there would be this:  ; after the datasource.

You can read about it here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/global-apps

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
uhlemanna
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but the site and my pc settings working with the same region. 

And it is not a big deal if , or ; but i still wondering why it telling me an error and I don't know what is wrong.

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Can you share a screenshot of your formula?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
uhlemanna
Frequent Visitor

PA-Filter-Error.png

uhlemanna
Frequent Visitor

It is in german but it tells me that it expect a Text Value, ok and now?

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Is the Titel the normal SharePoint Title field (Single line of Text)?

yes it is

So to get a better idea of what you are doing, I need some additional information.

If I understand correctly you have a text box that you are using to filter your datasource and you want the form to display the item that is found when a title is entered into the text box?

uhlemanna
Frequent Visitor

you are right, this is what I like for this test. 

On the end, I like to filter all items from the 2nd list in the datalist by a reference of the current item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,624)