cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uhlemanna
Frequent Visitor

Filter a datatable sharepoint list

Hi, I just start working with PowerApps and I try to start to create a custom listform (SharePOint Online).

I insert a secound connection to an other SPO list and put it as a datatable to the form, good so far 🙂

But I tried to follow some tutorials to implement a filter and stock on the formula.

in the most tutorials there is a "," after the source, but the system tells me it shoud be a ";", I mean I don't care I can handle it but my simple formula does not work so this is my formula:

Filter(testlist; Titel = SearchTextBox.Text) 

the debug tells me an error in the formula but not where 😞

can anybody help?

Thanks 

Alex

13 REPLIES 13
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

So this is actually more complicated than I realized.    The easiest way to handle this would be to have a gallery (you can hide it so it's not visible on the screen).  

Gallery Settings:

Items:  Filter(Datasource, Titel = Search.Text)

Visible: false

Form Settings:

DataSource:  Same datasource as Gallery

Item:  GalleryX.Selected

This will work, but your form will have a message 'No Item to Display' when the Text Input is blank.  You could use the visible property of the form to only be visible if our text input isn't blank

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
uhlemanna
Frequent Visitor

Hi 

I tried to follow your steps but I 've got lost again.

I added a gallery connected to the list but where can I set the Item focus to Gallery1.Selected?

And btw, it would not be so bad to see there is no reference, that would be even helpful for the process.

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

You set the Item focus in the Items property of the form that you are using to display the information.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
uhlemanna
Frequent Visitor

Finally I found my mistake in the filter statement.

And here is my Solution: 

Filter(TestList; PlainText('RefField'.Value) = PlainText(SearchBox.Text))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,175)