Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jose_LuisA
Helper I
Helper I

Filter a gallery by a nested gallery

Hi yall

Jose_LuisA_0-1650304334039.png

so this is my gallery as u can see, I have an employee number on the main gallery, then a gallery inside this gallery, that brings me the info from another table using the employee number of the main gallery and also another gallery that does the same ,yes I'm trying to see if its possible to work with 3 different SQL tables joined by an employee number
So my question is, I don't need all the employees on the main table, I just need those that doesn't have any register on the other SQL tables, is that possible?
For example filter the main gallery if the other galleries are empty if the two of them are full, then don't show that employee

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jose_LuisA 

There is no way to filter main gallery based on child/nested gallery. You need to filter the main gallery based on all SQL tables.

Can you elaborate your use case? What data that child gallery/tables has it?

Thanks, Stalin (Microsoft MVP)
Blog - Learn To Illuminate Blog
YouTube - Learn To Illuminate Videos

Jose_LuisA
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @StalinPonnusamy 

Thanks for your answer!
Now I'm working on trying to add a column to my table, but it doesn't seems to work, and also takes a very very long time to upload the data to my gallery (like 20min), maybe you can help me with this

My formula is:

AddColumns(tblEmployees,
                      "Documents",
                        LookUp(tblDocuments, employeeNumber = tblEmployees[@employeeNumber]
)
)

so what im basically trying now is, do a look up on another table, create a column and then filter by that new column

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,852)