cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matteoseni
Frequent Visitor

Filter a gallery for each selected element

Hello everybody,

I wanted to ask you for help as I can't get filters to work.

this formula only works if you select ALL the elements, but I would need all the elements to be displayed in the gallery, filtering them one at a time ...

The scenario is this:

matteoseni_1-1618996742359.png

for example, if I select only the Radio Button, everything remains white, until I select everything.

How could I do?

Thanks so much.

6 REPLIES 6
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @matteoseni ,

Your problem resides in filter condition as for sure a blank value (unselected control) cannot be identified into columns values. 

So, you need to treat the blank values situations like:

Filter('Customer database',
   If(IsBlank(TextInputCostumers.Text),true,TextInputCostumers.Text in '{Name}') &&
   If(IsBlank(RadioButton_Status.Selected.Vaue),true, RadioButton_Status.Selected.Vaue in Contact_x0020_status.Value) &&

Please note that IN operator is not delegable to Sharepoint, so on large amount of data your result can be altered.

Hope it helps !

hi @gabibalaban ,

unfortunately it doesn't work...

matteoseni_0-1619000950507.png

KrishnaV
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @matteoseni ,

Change your filter as below:

Sort(Filter('CustomerDatabase', TextInputCustomer.Text in '{Name}' And
  Isblank(RadioButton_Status.Selected.Value) || IsEmpty(RadioButton_Status.Selected.Value) || RadioButton_Status.Selected.Value in Contact_0x200_Status.Value And 
<< Add all the other conditions as above with Isblank and IsEmpty>>

Like this:

KrishnaV_0-1619001687535.png

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

@matteoseni ,

your formula is not like what I proposed ...

hi, @KrishnaV ,

yes, the formula works, but the multiple choice of filters does not work ...

in the sense that if I select all three filters, it filters me only on one of the three elements (it only takes into account the choice of the ddlOffice)

matteoseni_0-1619008653466.png

@matteoseni ,

What do you mean by multiple-choice filter doesn't work? in your form you one field with multi choice? 

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,569)