Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjasper
Helper III
Helper III

Filter a gallery on either a text input or a dropdown

Hello, 

I am working on building an app that has a gallery that I will would like to filter based on location (label13) (this is using the office 365 location) and then either by a dropdown or a text input. I would like to be able to filter the gallery by either the name, their status or if they have provided proof. 

I can get each one working separately but I can't seem to figure how to filter the gallery on all three options while filtering to the location. We have 19 locations and I want it that as soon as they sign into the app via AD the gallery will automatically filter to show only those who are at that location. Then from there they can filter gallery even further by either a name, status or if they have provided proof. 

If someone could please give me guidance that would be greatly apricated. I have googled and searched and tried many things and nothing seems to be working. 

My data is in a sharepoint list as well a collection. 

2 REPLIES 2
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @jjasper 

All these are optional filters.

With({sData:
       Filter(
            SPList,
              IsBlank(Status_Filter.SelectedItems.Value) || IsEmpty(Status_Filter.SelectedItems) || Status.Value= Status_Filter.Selected.Value,
              IsBlank(Location_Filter.SelectedItems.Value) || IsEmpty(Location_Filter.SelectedItems) || Location.Value= Location_Filter.Selected.Value,
        )
     },
   If(
      Not(IsBlank(txt_Name_Filter.Text)), Search(
                                  sData, txt_Name_Filter.Text,"Description"
                           )
	)
   )

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @jjasper

Please let us know if anything needs on your post. We can help with this.

"Please do not forget to give kudos if you find the suggestion helpful or Accept it as a solution if works fine to help other users to find it useful. "

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,519)