Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AB4N
Helper I
Helper I

Filter a list gallery with values from another list

Hi all,

I have one Gallery(ClientDataGallery) connected to a SharePoint list - Client Data

I have another SharePoint list - Client Attendance

Here is what I am trying to achieve: ClientDataGallery shows who should be clocked in today, and as people are clocked in on the Client Attendance list they are hidden from that gallery.

Both lists have a managed metadata column with the same name - Client Name (single selection only - can't add own values)

The ClientDataGallery has a filter that works great.

Filter('Client Data', Day.Value = DayLabel.Text && 'Workshop Attending'.Value = WorkshopDropdown.SelectedText.Value)

I want to add to this so that when people are clocked in on the Client Attendance list today, they do not appear on the ClientDataGallery

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
CNT
Super User
Super User

@AB4N 

Please try the following,

Filter('Client Data',
	Day.Value = DayLabel.Text &&
	'Workshop Attending'.Value = WorkshopDropdown.SelectedText.Value &&
	!('Client Name' in ShowColumns('Client Attendance', "Client Name"))
)

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I receive a couple of errors:

!('Client Name' in ShowColumns('Client Attendance', "Client_x0020_Name"))

Client Name shows the error "Expecting a Record Value" & Your formula is missing a column  "Client_x0020_Name" with type Record.

Client_x0020_Name shows the error expecting a Table value, but of a different Schema & your formula is missing a column 'Label' with a type of 'Text'

@AB4N 

Please try the following,

!('Client_x0020_Name' in ShowColumns('Client Attendance', "Client_x0020_Name"))
AB4N
Helper I
Helper I

Still not working, unfortunately, I believe it is the managed metadata columns (Client Names) that are messing it up.

I have recreated both lists and galleries using a text column instead of a managed metadata column and created 3 Galleries, 1 for the first list, 1 for the second list, and 1 for the comparison and it works great, even with a different method:

Filter(Gallery1.AllItems, !(ClientNameA in Gallery2.AllItems.ClientNameB)).ClientNameA

We would prefer to have these columns as managed metadata, anyone have any ideas on how to make this work with managed metadata columns? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,406)