cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbrantley
Helper IV
Helper IV

Filter and Search function

I've got a browse gallery that i want only show items that the current user has created and where complete = No.

Any advice on how to accomplish this?

13 REPLIES 13
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tbrantley,

Could you please share a bit more about the Complete column in your SP list? Is it a Yes/No type column or Single line of text type column or Choice type column?

I think it is not necessary to add Office 365 Users connector as a data source within your PowerApps app, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

• If the Complete column is a Yes/No type column, please set the Items property of the Gallery control to following formula:
Filter('20180613_case13',Author.Email=User().Email&&Complete=false)
  • If the Complete column is a Single line of text type column, please set the Items property of the Gallery control to following formula:
Filter('20180613_case13',Author.Email=User().Email&&Complete="No")
  • If the Complete column is a Choice type column, please set the Items property of the Gallery control to following formula:
Filter('20180613_case13',Author.Email=User().Email&&Complete.Value="No")

Note: The '20180613_case13' represents the SP list data source within my PowerApps app.

More details about the User function in PowerApps, please check the follwoing article:

User function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft

The third example worked!

SortByColumns(Filter('DOT List', StartsWith(Truck_x0020_Number, TextSearchBox1.Text), Author.Email=User().Email && Complete.Value="Yes"), "Date_x0020_and_x0020_Time", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Descending))

However, my list has over 500 items and some items do not get returned.

Whats the best way to make sure that you get all data needed from a large SharePoint list?

Hi @tbrantley,

I think you have faced non-delegation issue with the formula that you provided.

If you have faced non-delegation issue within the formula, your formula would be processed locally. By default, you could only process 500 records locally. You could consider change the limit of on the amount of data that can be processed locally with the following steps:

• Within your PowerApps app, click "File" tab.
  • Select the App Settings in the left hand navigation pane, and look under Experimental features.
  • Within Experimental features panel, you could see "Data row limit for non-delegable queries" setting, which you can change from 1 to 2000. Set Value to 2000.2.JPG

More details about the Delegation in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Delegation in PowerApps

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft

Is there anyway to make this formula delegable? Or a workaround to fix this issue?

SortByColumns(Filter('DOT List', StartsWith(Truck_x0020_Number, TextSearchBox1.Text), Author.Email=User().Email && Complete.Value="Yes"), "Date_x0020_and_x0020_Time", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Descending))

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,687)