cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Filter and delegation warning

Hi Power Apps community, 

I am trying to sum the total days that a specific employee have used, the data is stored in sharepoint list.

I have the following code:  Sum(Filter('Vacation Request',Value(lblEmpID.Text) = EmployeeID), Total_x0020_Days). The formula gives me the "Yellow Triangle" with a delegation warning and that the Sum operation is not supported by this connector. I want to break the formula down in order to clear the "Yellow Triangle".

Can someone help me clear the delegation warning?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Filter and delegation warning

The delegation warning is just that, its a warning.  In this particular instance I don't think there is a need to worry about it.  As long as the Filter() based on UserID doesn't return more than 500 items (can be expanded to 2,000) you'll never have an issue.  Will an individual employee ever get more than 500-2,000 entries?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @Pstork1 , thanks for the reply.

There is a chance that the entries of the employees can be more than 2000 overtime.

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

If that is the case then your only choice will be to pull the filtered set of records into a local collection and calculate the SUM from that collection.  Either that or figure out how to break your current filter into smaller chunks to get them under 2,000, Sum those and then add those sums together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Delegation in Power Apps means process of retrieving data to the data source itself. This means Power Apps will retrieve small amount of data to make sure the performance is consistent. We often get delegation warning when we filter huge data source in Power Apps.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @Max44  thanks for the reply. My concern was that if my entries is set up to 2000 items and I have 2001, when i am filtering I wouldn't be able to see or retrieve item 2001. 

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Pstork1, I will try it and I will let you know if it works.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,711)