Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daydinho10
Helper I
Helper I

Filter base on choices column

I have a User lists that show as below

EmailAccess to CO (dataverse with choices column allow multiple selection)
Adam@example.comLaos, Indonesia
John@acample.comLaos, Cambodia, Thailand

I want to filter the country office dropdown base on User login. In this case Adam should show 2 countries. Filter choices column which return array seem a bit complicate for new user like me. Would appriciate if anyone can suggest the solution.

Here is my current code

Screenshot_5.png

And this is the error

Screenshot_6.png

thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Manan-Malhotra,

Thanks, it doesn't seem to work. so how does people ussually impliment user access in power app. I have the requirement to show the country base on user list. (one user can access maltiple country). 

I have the elements as below

- a gallery list items that filter base on the country (dropdown box from choice column)

- a country (dropdown) which should be filtered base on user access list. and one person can access maltiple country

@Reza 
I take example from your filter video and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-hMMXrKMVE but the solution seem to be slightly different.

I though this should be simple but it took me many days already. All youtube video only show example of filter base on user but not when that user need to access multiple location. 

Thanks you in advance

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Manan-Malhotra
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Filter('Country Lists','Country Office') in Text(LookUp('User Lists',Email=User().Email).'Access To Co'))

OR

Filter('Country Lists','Country Office') in Text(LookUp('User Lists',Email=User().Email.'Access To Co')))

OR 

//Try using text in first collection also
ClearCollect(Col_UserList,AddColumns('User Lists',"New_Column_Name",LookUp('User Lists',Email=User().Email.'Access To Co')));
ClearCollect(Col_UserList1,"New_Column_Name2",Text(New_Column_Name));

//You might ahveto convert the country list also into collection
Filter('Country Lists','Country Office') in Col_UserList1.New_Column_Name2))

Try These once
Hopefully this helps!

Hi @Manan-Malhotra,

Thanks, it doesn't seem to work. so how does people ussually impliment user access in power app. I have the requirement to show the country base on user list. (one user can access maltiple country). 

I have the elements as below

- a gallery list items that filter base on the country (dropdown box from choice column)

- a country (dropdown) which should be filtered base on user access list. and one person can access maltiple country

@Reza 
I take example from your filter video and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-hMMXrKMVE but the solution seem to be slightly different.

I though this should be simple but it took me many days already. All youtube video only show example of filter base on user but not when that user need to access multiple location. 

Thanks you in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,642)