Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielaHo
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Filter based upon multi-select choice column

Hi! 🙂

I need some syntax help please... 

There are two lists - 'Scenarios' and 'Tools'. The scenarios list includes choice fields that are represented as dropdown menus within the app. The user filters the data based upon the first 3 columns and the result is 1 item from the 'Scenarios' list. 

The second list 'Tools' is shown as a Gallery in the app, and should be filtered based upon the 'Scenarios' list in such a way that all those 'Tools' list items should be shown where the Product Name is in the 'Scenarios' result. 

Capture2.PNG

My Problem:

The 'Scenarios' Product name field is a choice column allowing for multiple selections... So in the collection the 'Scenarios result' shows [object Object] as below.  I cannot work out how to filter the 'Tools' list from this? 

Capture1.PNGCapture3.PNG

I considered creating a variable that creates a string from all the resulting values, and then filtering 'Tools' list by whether the Tools product name is included in that string. But again, I could not work out the syntax to do that..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Heart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanielaHo ,

Could you tell me what's the data type of Product Name in 'Tools' list?

I assume it's a text column.

I've made a similar tes for your reference:

1)modify your collection:

ClearCollect(test,AddColumns(Coll_Scenarios,"ProductValue",Concat(ProductName.Value,Value&",")))

2)filter data:

Filter(Tools,Product Name in Concat(test,ProductValue&","))

Then, 'Tools' list will filter based on multiple choice column in Scenarios list.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanielaHo ,

Could you tell me what's the data type of Product Name in 'Tools' list?

I assume it's a text column.

I've made a similar tes for your reference:

1)modify your collection:

ClearCollect(test,AddColumns(Coll_Scenarios,"ProductValue",Concat(ProductName.Value,Value&",")))

2)filter data:

Filter(Tools,Product Name in Concat(test,ProductValue&","))

Then, 'Tools' list will filter based on multiple choice column in Scenarios list.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Brilliant - that works! 

Thank you so much 🙂 🙂 🙂

britagrace
Frequent Visitor

This looks like a pretty cool app. Care to share?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,387)