Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien2
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Filter by a date range comparing it to Todays function

Hello everyone,

I want to filter the data by a date range based on two fields that I have in the table as Start and End dates.

For example:

Capture.PNG
When I filter the data I should expect to see in the power apps gallery the above two records because their Start and End date are still valid.

Currently, the only record that is showing is the Dynamics BC, I tried to use the below formula but it seems Todays() function set the time to midnight and that's the reason why the other record is not showing.

Filter(
        'Timesheet Schedules',
        'Res. Name'.'Resource Identification' = _resid ,
        'Start Date' <=Today() && 'End Date' >= Today()
    )

I tried to format the today function to display only the Date and get rid of the time with no hope:

Cap2.png
What should be the right formula to filter the data by the date range and display those two records?
Can please someone provide an example?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Julien

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

I have tried the exact same formula you mentioned and below is a screenshot that still highlights under the date the delegation warning:
Screenshot 2022-01-26 220140.png

Maybe because we are comparing the start date (date & time) to the wNextDay as Date only?

What will be the updated formula in that case?

Thank you!

@Julien2 ,

I cannot test that presently unfortunately, but if that is not Delegable, there is no Delegable solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,951)