cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed_Cheung

Filter by a other gallery which created by SharePoint List

Hi All 
I have an idea that using a share point list to filter out the result. The share point list for filtering call "Ticket filtering" and the columns as below:

Ed_Cheung_3-1609755060587.png

And the Layout and  code like this:

Ed_Cheung_4-1609755136110.png

Any solution that can change the "FilterFormula" data type from "single text line" to "table"?

or any better solution for filtering, I aim to filter the priority or status or customize filter

Thanks,

Edward

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Ed_Cheung,

Nice idea but you cannot apply filters dynamically from a data source.

You would have to apply all that logic using conditions in your App.

Check this video on applying multiple filters to gallery - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dSk5iOgT68 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Ed_Cheung,

Nice idea but you cannot apply filters dynamically from a data source.

You would have to apply all that logic using conditions in your App.

Check this video on applying multiple filters to gallery - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dSk5iOgT68 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

Ed_Cheung

@RezaDorrani 
Nice video, can I ask about the delegation, is mean that I use these 3 data sources can filter more then 2000 records?

• Common Data Service
  • SharePoint
  • SQL Server

Hi @Ed_Cheung,

Yes, all the 3 support delegation and can filter more than 2000 records.

Here is a full playlist on delegation - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTyFh-qDKAiE6ia-D94Qk5-AzpN4dqOmD

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (86,673)