Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VieiraGuilhermo
Helper I
Helper I

Filter by name and get the last day.

I'm using excel as DB.

i'm trying to find the last day that is like to an user. 
i'm using this sentence, but isnt working. 

Auditoria is my Table
Usuario is my "person name"

inp_Nome_Txt is name i'm looking for

Data date column 

First(
    SortByColumns(
        Filter(Auditoria; Usuario = "inp_Nome_TXT.Text");
        "Data";
        Descending))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@VieiraGuilhermo 
You must choose a column to display in the label.  Do this by changing your_column_name in the code below.

First(
    SortByColumns(
        Filter(Auditoria_2; Usuario = NomePessoa.Text);
        "Data";
        Descending
    )
).your_column_name

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@VieiraGuilhermo 

Does this exact value exist in your Excel sheet?  Does it actually have .Text at the end?  Ensure the match is exact 🙂

inp_Nome_TXT.Text

Excel has a 500 row limit when using the FILTER function by Default.  You can bump it up to 2,000 rows by going to File > Advanced Settings > Delegation Row Limit and changing to 2,000.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Actualy the inp_Nome_TXT is the name of my labe, and the .Text is to get the value that is inside 
Lable name: inp_Nome_TXT

inp_Nome_TXT.Text = "John". 

i'm not being rude, since english isnt my first language i'm just trying to be as much clear as i can. 

@VieiraGuilhermo 

Thank you for the additional language.  Your English is very good indeed 🙂

I would suggest making this small change: inp_Nome_TXT.text is not required to be within quotation marks.

First(
    SortByColumns(
        Filter(Auditoria; Usuario = inp_Nome_TXT.Text);
        "Data";
        Descending
    )
)

---

Idk why, but still doent work. 

@mdevaney 

@VieiraGuilhermo 

There is an red error icon on the control.  Please share the error message.  The error message will tell us what went wrong.

---

@mdevaney 
Value Text expected.
The propriety in this "control" expect a text value.
The rule make a value Record, which is incompatible.
How to fix.
Change the rule to produce a value {0}

First(
    SortByColumns(
        "Data";
        Descending
    )
)

I'm Currently using this formula. 
i'm using a sharepoint now as my DB, 40 rows at max

You can see my columns name in the SS as well (data = Date (Date is an sigle line text property) )

@VieiraGuilhermo 
You must choose a column to display in the label.  Do this by changing your_column_name in the code below.

First(
    SortByColumns(
        "Data";
        Descending
    )
).your_column_name

---

View solution in original post

Omg, i cant believe it, you are the G.O.A.T, tnx @mdevaney. It solved my problem. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,532)