cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bokko
Frequent Visitor

Filter collection in gallery based on ID with master and child records

Hi All,

I can't get this to work. I have two Sharepoint lists. One list contains master records. Second contains child records. I have a gallery with the master records. When I select a record it goes to a new screen with a form showing the selected record. In this screen I have also a gallery which needs a filter to show all child records based on a collection containing filtering on the ID of the master records. When I create a collection I can add this to the items property of the gallery containing the child record. The controls in the gallery contains the names created by the clear collect function. How can i see the containing records by using a collection filter?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Bokko
Frequent Visitor

Here is my ClearCollect,

ClearCollect(CompetenceCollection; {LineCompetence: ""; Linesubject: ""; LineOrganisation: "";LineID:References.'Id (ID)'})

I want to filter based on LineID.

Bokko
Frequent Visitor

Another approach that may work for me is not using collection but the possibility to ad a new blank row in my gallery which I can patch with a button. This way my filtering is working because I'm not using collection but I can't get a new blank row in a gallery to work either.

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Bokko

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

@Bokko wrote:

When I select a record it goes to a new screen with a form showing the selected record. In this screen I have also a gallery which needs a filter to show all child records based on a collection containing filtering on the ID of the master records. 

Do you mean that the second gallery displays child records based on a collection where stores master records using the ID as the primary key? Isn't there a primary key within the

@Bokko wrote:

When I create a collection I can add this to the items property of the gallery containing the child record. The controls in the gallery contains the names created by the clear collect function. How can i see the containing records by using a collection filter?

Do you mean you want to filter the gallery based on the collection where stores the master records containing 'LineID' to display child records?

Actually, the collection you created is a nested one that you need to access the record within it.

Look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,697)