Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Filter data doesn't work in collection

hi,

i create a new collection from SP list by collecting all items base on CheckPoint Value

CheckPoint.png

Refresh icon:

//Create collectin by Checkpoint
ClearCollect(Database, Filter(tbl_CheckPoint_Data, CheckPoint.Value = CheckPointMaster_1.Selected.checkpoint));

//Filter by date range
ClearCollect(DatabaseItem, Filter(Database, DateValue(Text(DateValue,"[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) >= DateValue(Label5.Text)));

the problem is, if i choose Check Point "WH05", all data is coming from SP List into collection "Database" then fillter collection "Database" into Collection "DatabaseItem"; but i am wondering, when i choose Check Point "WH08" then click Refresh.

Data retrieve from SP List into Collection "Database"; but nothing in Collection "DatabaseItem". i go to check there are records in SP list for Check Point "WH08" around 58 records base on date selection 09/02/2019 [dateformat: "mm/dd/yyyy"].

Please help.

Thanks,

Ratana

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Filter data doesn't work in collection

Hi @ratanapouy 

The formula looks fine to me. Can you please confirm if the date returned by Label5.Text is what you are expecting in the formula? Please share more details, so that we can debug this together.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Label5.Text is date value which get datevalue from datepicker. i just wanted to try a new way to filter date range. Eventually, result is nothing on what i decribed above.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @ratanapouy 

I don't think this should make a difference in the way you are trying to fetch the value. Both DateValue() function and date picker are returning the same value. Can you share more details on the type of DateValue column?

Can you try to directly refer to the DatePicker using the expression:
ClearCollect(DatabaseItem, Filter(Database, DateValue(Text(DateValue,"[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) >= DatePicker1.SelectedDate))
Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

hi,

DateValue column set format "yyyyddmm" which is calculated from other date comlumn "Date_Time_CheckIn". I wanted to try many ways to filter data in collection. Still doens't work. i get stuck and looking in records to find out the root cause.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @ratanapouy 

Just so we are on same page, can you please confirm the type of DateValue column, is it of type text or Date?

I think we may need to modify the formula as per the column type, so please share more details so that we may be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

In SP list, it is single text which calculated as follow:

=TEXT(Date_Time_CheckIn,"yyyymmdd")

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @ratanapouy 

In that case, can you try to modify your formula as:

ClearCollect(DatabaseItem, Filter(Database, DateValue(DateValue) >= DatePicker1.SelectedDate))

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

is not succesfully gotten data. Do i have issue with data delegation?

Export SP list into Excel, i found that Check Point "WH08" has over 2k records, others have below 1k records.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @ratanapouy 

Yes that is the reason behind this. In the Database Collection, only first 2000 records will be there and the rest of the records will not be filtered.

Can you try out the below formula and check if this works:

ClearCollect(DatabaseItem, Filter(tbl_CheckPoint_Data, CheckPoint.Value = CheckPointMaster_1.Selected.checkpoint && DateValue(DateValue) >= DatePicker1.SelectedDate));
Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,996)