cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Filter data in Gallery using Enum field

Hi,

I have data source PurchaseOrderHeader for my powerApps, I want to filter data in Gallery based on one field of type ENUM namely PurchaseOrderStatus, suggest me how do I achieve this.

I tried this code but its throwing error

Filter(PurchaseOrderHeader,PurchaseOrderStatus = "Ordered")

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filter data in Gallery using Enum field

Hi @Gautam,

Could you please share a bit more about the PurchaseOrderHeader data source within your app?

Could you please share a bit more about the ENUM type column that you mentioned? Is it a Choice type column in SP list?

Please take a try to modify your formula as below:

Filter(PurchaseOrderHeader,PurchaseOrderStatus.Value= "Ordered")

then check if the issue is solved on your side.

If you could provide more details about your scenario, we could provided a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Filter data in Gallery using Enum field

I know this thread is old but i'm facing a similar issue where I am not able to filter on Enums using the Dynamics Finance and Operations Connector (using CDS is not an option). In my App I have the following filter

Filter(Datasource,EnumField= "Null")

In this case Invoice is a custom Enum field. I get the following: An error has occurred. A binary operator with incompatible types was detected. Found operand types 'Microsoft.Dynamics.DataEntities.EnumField' and 'Edm.String' for operator kind 'NotEqual'.

I have seen a solution posted to convert the enumfield into a string to compare however this will make the query  non-delegatable and therefore is not an acceptable solution.

I know the correct Odata Syntax for this however I can't seem to cast the "Null" string as the enum type through the filter function.

Is there a way to filter on Enums using the finance and operations connector and still maintain delegation?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,645)