cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Filter data in Gallery using Enum field

Hi,

I have data source PurchaseOrderHeader for my powerApps, I want to filter data in Gallery based on one field of type ENUM namely PurchaseOrderStatus, suggest me how do I achieve this.

I tried this code but its throwing error

Filter(PurchaseOrderHeader,PurchaseOrderStatus = "Ordered")

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filter data in Gallery using Enum field

Hi @Gautam,

Could you please share a bit more about the PurchaseOrderHeader data source within your app?

Could you please share a bit more about the ENUM type column that you mentioned? Is it a Choice type column in SP list?

Please take a try to modify your formula as below:

Filter(PurchaseOrderHeader,PurchaseOrderStatus.Value= "Ordered")

then check if the issue is solved on your side.

If you could provide more details about your scenario, we could provided a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Filter data in Gallery using Enum field

I know this thread is old but i'm facing a similar issue where I am not able to filter on Enums using the Dynamics Finance and Operations Connector (using CDS is not an option). In my App I have the following filter

Filter(Datasource,EnumField= "Null")

In this case Invoice is a custom Enum field. I get the following: An error has occurred. A binary operator with incompatible types was detected. Found operand types 'Microsoft.Dynamics.DataEntities.EnumField' and 'Edm.String' for operator kind 'NotEqual'.

I have seen a solution posted to convert the enumfield into a string to compare however this will make the query  non-delegatable and therefore is not an acceptable solution.

I know the correct Odata Syntax for this however I can't seem to cast the "Null" string as the enum type through the filter function.

Is there a way to filter on Enums using the finance and operations connector and still maintain delegation?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,320)