cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Filter delegable predicates for SharePoint

I have SharePoint list with column "Example Number" that contains numeric values 0 - 20

In my PA I've made following function: 
Filter('Delegation List', Example_x0020_Number>6)

To my surprise it returns all record (observed on Data Table control) - in opposition to documentation  which says that SharePoint supports delegation only for "=" in Filter function). 

I've checked other predicates: <, <=, =, <>, >, >= 

All were delegated. For test purposes I've checked Not() function - it returned me number of results according to delegation cap (3).

Have something been changed in SharePoint delegation in PA or I'm doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Filter delegable predicates for SharePoint

Good point; the relational operators are used more frequently in numeric columns, but may also be used in others. Dates have a known bug that even equality comparison doesn't work properly in SharePoint.

We're redesigning that page to move it closer to the actual connectors, and will have additional information there. Meanwhile, I'll propose a change to the current page to the documentation team with this additional information.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi Mike,

Well done for testing this instead of relying on the documentation! I tested this and got the same result, equally to my surprise.

This is great news because in cases where we need to work with more than 2000 records, we can use the < and > predicates against the id column to build a local collection.

As a side note, I tried the < and > predicates against a date field but unfortunately, I still got a delegation warning. So it seems this is only valid for numeric fields.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thank you for pointing out the inconsistency. We've updated the documentation page, it should go live shortly to reflect it.

Highlighted
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

@timl: unfortunately it;s not working for ID column as well. I think it's because delegation does not support type convertion which means that ID column is text type (even thou it contains only numeric values).

@CarlosFigueira: Changes has been propagated but it's still not consistent. Only numeric column type supports all predicates. Text and Date type support only =. Bool and User fields are not supported at all. @timl can you confirm that please? Together maybe we can propose how documentation should sound to not be missleading 🙂

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Good point; the relational operators are used more frequently in numeric columns, but may also be used in others. Dates have a known bug that even equality comparison doesn't work properly in SharePoint.

We're redesigning that page to move it closer to the actual connectors, and will have additional information there. Meanwhile, I'll propose a change to the current page to the documentation team with this additional information.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Thanks @Mike_Guzowski for confirming that this doesn't work with ID columns., which is a shame. I can confirm that Bool and user fields don't work for me either.
@CarlosFigueira Thanks for highlighting the issue with datas and the equality operator, and also for updating the documentation so quickly.
In terms of wording, how about placing a number '3' footnote against the word 'yes' in the SharePoint field and beneath the table, adding the words:
3 For numeric fields only

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,103)