cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter delegation problem (running out of ideas)

Hello, 

I've loaded a dataset from business excel (exceeding 65000 rows) into powerapps and created a gallery. 

In the gallery i want to create multiple text search boxes that functions as an && filter (See Images) 

Peter2_0-1614030558016.png

Peter2_1-1614030605478.png

The goal = that when you put in Amsterdam you can filter also filter on number on the left box & vica versa. (see Image)

Peter2_2-1614030684706.png

When removing the && for , and the in operator for = the filter stops working. 

My skills stops here, as i'm new to powerapps. I want to place multiple search functions with the && possibility (like Zip and ContractNr for instance)   

Thank you for helping me with this problem. 

Beste regards, 

Peter 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Peter2 

There is a great video by Reza Dorrani explaining delegation & Filter options:

https://youtu.be/5dSk5iOgT68

This is exactly what you need and I suggest you to watch it. I'm sure this will help to solve your issue.

Kind regards,

Fabian

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Super User II
Super User II

@Peter2 

Here is an example of a 30k item list from an Excel static datasource filtered on Item, Sales Conduit and Country. It has been split into two 15k files and combined in the OnStart formula on the left  (the maximum allowed with the Excel static connector).  It also creates the unique lists of sales channels, countries and item types and adds a blank to each dropdown Items property. When all of the boxes are blank, the entire table is shown unfiltered but it can filter on one or more dropdowns as well as a TextInput box for the order ID. 

Because of delegation with the standard Excel connector, you will not be able to reproduce these results unless you import your Excel tables with the Excel static connector in which case the files will be read-only.  However, it works great for searching huge database tables.  The various formulas can serve as examples for how to add a blank item to a dropdown list and how to use multiple input sources to filter a list. 

The Items property of the datatable is below it._!.png

When you have a table as large as this one, delegation will be problem if you wish to modify or add new items to the list.  SharePoint is an option but not all of the PowerApps functions are delegatable in SharePoint.  There are work-arounds but for the most flexibility, Dataverse or SQL are the best options.  These are premium datasources and cost can be a factor but in PowerApps as in life, you generally get what you pay for. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,543)