Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Divya_Vishnu
Helper II
Helper II

Filter dropdwon Items issue

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this.

I have 3 dropdown boxes DD1,DD2 and DD3. If i select any of the dropdown the other 2 should show the based on the first selection. there is no order for selecting the dropdown. if i select dd1 then dd2 and dd3 should show values from the table where dd1=dd1.selected.value. Is it possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @kanchankolekar ,

You cannot have "circular references" or controls that are dependant on each other (or in a returning sequence) for their values

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Divya_Vishnu Once you filter DD1 that is Dropdown then the result which is produced by DD1 you can use to filter DD2 that is DropDown2  just need to use a formula for DD1 is like - filter(Datasource, Column_name) and for DD2 - filter(Datasource, coulmnname= DD1.Selected.Result).

Please give this a try. Thank you

Divya_Vishnu
Helper II
Helper II

@kanchankolekar The issue is not always DD1 is selected first, sometimes DD2 is selected and then i need DD1 and DD3 values filter in the dropdown according to that. If DD3 is selected first then DD1 and DD2 should be filtered.

Hi @kanchankolekar ,

You cannot have "circular references" or controls that are dependant on each other (or in a returning sequence) for their values

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz thanks a lot for confirming.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,185)