Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ha_wai
Helper III
Helper III

Filter gallery and delegate yes/no to SharePoint list

Good Morning,

noobish question here.

I'm trying to generate a kind of search page for a potentially large SharePoint list. The idea is to allow the user to filter the list according to a number of columns of the list. So far this works reasonably well when filtering for choice fields in the list using the method described here: https://www.ohthreesixtyfive.org/2019/08/powerapps-apply-multiple-filters-to-a-gallery.html

I run into delegation problems however when I try to filter for a boolean column. I tried multiple approaches:

Using a checkbox and filter for the checkbox value ( this also leads to the problem that when the checkbox is unchecked it becomes false and therefore would only be showing the records without the flag and I want to show records irrespective of the status of that flag); result is delegation warning

Nesting the above approach in an if-statement that only filters if the checkbox is true; delegation warning

A rather clumsy attempt at setting a context variable to the text of "true" and using that failed utterly because I can't make PA understand that I want it to use the text in the context variable.

I hope this isn't a waste of everybody's time or too dumb a question.

Cheers

Hansjoerg

4 REPLIES 4
Ramole
Super User
Super User

Hi @ha_wai 
Here an example how to overcome delegation without needing a collection @RezaDorrani has solution for that and he has a series video to overcome delegations, please watch, 
my opinion collecting your data source will really harm the performance of your app.
Power Apps Gallery Multiple Filter - Choice, Lookup and Yes/No column - SharePoint & delegation 

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ha_wai ,

Can you please share your code in Text.

Thanks @Ramole for pointing me in the direction of this useful video.

Unfortunately the solution of simply not using yes/no columns doesn't really help me as the list is done and used across the rest of the app extensively.

Waiting until MS fixes the true/false 0/1 bug is also not an option. I'll try to find a way around this by adding a choice column to the list and fill it depending on the state of the yes/no one. It will be far from elegant, but hopefully work.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

I found out about the true/false 0/1 issue with the scharepoint lists. So none of the code I had been working with so far makes any sense. Once I have something new and hit the next problem I'll be happily sharing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,795)