Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiruthika22
Helper II
Helper II

Filter gallery based on multiple conditions

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to filter a gallery based on three different columns in sharepoint.

I have used a if condition in the gallery items property to filter based on the button selected.

The three columns are person type columns ==admin,supervisor,submittedBy

Sharepoint list name----TestSp

I need to display the records in the else condition whereever the

- current loggedin user is present in the admin column (and)

- current loggedin user is supervisor but not equal to submittedBy (and)

- current loggedin user not equal to submittedBy

I have used the below code: It is not throwing syntax error but not displaying any record.

Totally i have 2 items tagged as admin and 2 items as supervisor(SubmittedBy != Supervisor)

So i should see 4 records in the gallery.

=====================

If( varSet = true,

Sort( Filter( 'TestSp', StartsWith( 'Opportunity name', 'txt.Search'.Text ), Status.Value = "Approved" && (Lower('SubmittedBy'.Email) = Lower(User().Email)) && (Assessment_status.Value = 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value || 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value = Blank()), (DateValue(Created) >= DateValue(Date_1)) ), Modified, Descending ),

Sort( Filter( 'TestSp', StartsWith( 'Opportunity name', 'txt.Search'.Text ), (Lower(User().Email) = Lower('admin'.Email)), ((Lower(User().Email) = Lower('Supervisor'.Email)) && (Lower(User().Email) <> Lower('SubmittedBy'.Email))) && (Assessment_status.Value = "Draft" || Assessment_status.Value = "Approval Pending" || Assessment_status.Value = "Approved" || Assessment_status.Value = "Rejected") && (Assessment_status.Value = 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value || 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value = Blank()), (DateValue(Created) >= DateValue(Date_1)) ), Modified, Descending ) )

Please help me out .

Thanks and Regards, Kiruthika

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kiruthika22 ,

Then please try below:

If(
    varSet = true,
    Sort( Filter( 'TestSp', StartsWith( 'Opportunity name', 'txt.Search'.Text ), Status.Value = "Approved" && (Lower('SubmittedBy'.Email) = Lower(User().Email)) && (Assessment_status.Value = 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value || 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value = Blank()), (DateValue(Created) >= DateValue(Date_1)) ), Modified, Descending ),
    Sort(
        Filter(
            'TestSp', 
            StartsWith('Opportunity name', 'txt.Search'.Text), 
            (
             Lower(User().Email) = Lower('admin'.Email) || (Lower(User().Email) = Lower('Supervisor'.Email) && (Lower(User().Email) <> Lower('SubmittedBy'.Email))
            ) && ((Assessment_status.Value = "Draft" || Assessment_status.Value = "Approval Pending" || Assessment_status.Value = "Approved" || Assessment_status.Value = "Rejected") || (Assessment_status.Value = 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value || 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value = Blank())) && DateValue(Created)>= DateValue(Date_1)
        ),
        Modified,
        Descending 
)
)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
victorcp
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Perhaps you need to change the 'And' to 'Or', because if you use 'And' all the condition must be true to display the items.

- current loggedin user is present in the admin column (or)

- current loggedin user is supervisor but not equal to submittedBy (or)

- current loggedin user not equal to submittedBy

Any question please let me know

I hope it helps 🙂

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kiruthika22 ,

Could you please confirm that all the three Person columns allow single selections? Then could you please clarify the logic more specifically? For your scenario, as there are three person columns and based on the logic you give, I can narrow it down to: current logged in user is admin and supervisor but not submittedBy. However, this doesn't seem correct. If this is exact the logic, please try below formula:

If( varSet = true,
Sort( Filter( 'TestSp', StartsWith( 'Opportunity name', 'txt.Search'.Text ), 
    (Lower(User().Email) = Lower('admin'.Email)&&((Lower(User().Email) = Lower('Supervisor'.Email) && (Lower(User().Email) <> Lower('SubmittedBy'.Email)) && (Assessment_status.Value = "Draft" || Assessment_status.Value = "Approval Pending" || Assessment_status.Value = "Approved" || Assessment_status.Value = "Rejected") || (Assessment_status.Value = 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value || 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value = Blank())&& DateValue(Created)>= DateValue(Date_1)),
 Modified, Descending 
)
)

Actually, there aren't many places need to modify, except below part:

(Assessment_status.Value = "Draft" || Assessment_status.Value = "Approval Pending" || Assessment_status.Value = "Approved" || Assessment_status.Value = "Rejected") || (Assessment_status.Value = 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value || 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value = Blank())

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jefferni , Thanks .

Sorry for replying late.

My requirement is wherever the current loggedin user is present in admin column that records should be fetched and also wherever his name is present in supervisor column that records should also be fetched ..but we need to check one more condition when he is tagged in supervisor we should also ensure the supervisor and submittedby column should not be same for that particular record. 

Note: admin and supervisor cannot be same for the same record.

Hi @Kiruthika22 ,

Then please try below:

If(
    varSet = true,
    Sort(
        Filter(
            'TestSp', 
            StartsWith('Opportunity name', 'txt.Search'.Text), 
            (
             Lower(User().Email) = Lower('admin'.Email) || (Lower(User().Email) = Lower('Supervisor'.Email) && (Lower(User().Email) <> Lower('SubmittedBy'.Email))
            ) && ((Assessment_status.Value = "Draft" || Assessment_status.Value = "Approval Pending" || Assessment_status.Value = "Approved" || Assessment_status.Value = "Rejected") || (Assessment_status.Value = 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value || 'Drp.Status_1'.Selected.Value = Blank())) && DateValue(Created)>= DateValue(Date_1)
        ),
        Modified,
        Descending 
)
)

Best regards,

Hi @v-jefferni ,

Sorry for delayed reply. This was really helpful with some tweaks in the logic added and my issue got resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,915)