Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mthiru
Level: Powered On

Filter gallery by status

Hello community,

Need your help please. I am new to powerapps with limited technical skills.

I'd like to filter the Browse screen (i.eBrowseGallery1) by the Status of items called by Onboarding Progress Status where the status is equal to Submitted or In Progress only.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Re: Filter gallery by status

Hi @mthiru ,

Yes, I answered your broad question with more the structure required than the exact code as you had not mentioned where you were getting the values from (if a variable, my original post would have worked, but if a control, you would need .Text / .Value / .Result etc in your case a drop down was .Value. )
You are also correct with the
Or statement , which can be written as || and mentioned below. So your filter code should be

Filter(
   Onboarding,
   'Onboarding Progress Status'.Value = "Submitted" ||
   'Onboarding Progress Status'.Value = "In Progress"
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @mthiru ,
Using

• Onboarding as the data source
  • OnboardingStatus as the field

The Items property of BrowseGallery1 would be

Filter(
   Onboarding,
   OnboardingStatus = "Submitted" ||
   OnboardingStatus = "In Progress"
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

mthiru

@WarrenBelz 

I started with a sharepoint list and subsequently went to powerapps to create an app and linked to this same list. As a result powerapps has created a browsescreen1, detailscreen1 and editscreen1. 

Within the browescreen1, we have the BrowseGallery1 where under items there an existing expression:

SortByColumns(Filter([@'Onboarding App'], StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending)).

I tried using your expression however It is not working and i received a bunch of errors.

I have a feeling i may not be referring to correct columns and values.

Items Gallery expr.PNGExisting expression for Items in BrowseGallery1:

Items Gallery expr 2.PNG

Also, if this would help. Column name "Onboarding Progress Status" is a Choice  Dropdown with the following options: Submitted, In Progress, Cancelled, and Complete.

mthiru

@WarrenBelz

I made this change to Filter('Onboarding Progress Status'.Value="Submitted") and it worked. I guess if want to include only, In Progress and "Submitted" in the Gallery, I can futher add by using Or statement?

Is this an acceptable solution?

WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @mthiru ,

Yes, I answered your broad question with more the structure required than the exact code as you had not mentioned where you were getting the values from (if a variable, my original post would have worked, but if a control, you would need .Text / .Value / .Result etc in your case a drop down was .Value. )
You are also correct with the
Or statement , which can be written as || and mentioned below. So your filter code should be

Filter(
   Onboarding,
   'Onboarding Progress Status'.Value = "Submitted" ||
   'Onboarding Progress Status'.Value = "In Progress"
)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,386)