cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexx1
Helper II
Helper II

Filter gallery by user (delegation problem)

Hello everyone!

I want to filter a gallery (connected to a sharepoint List) so that the User of the App only sees the items he created.

I found a formula that works, but I don't want the delegation warning to appear (yellow triangle), because I am going to have a lot of recordings (10 000 for example).

My screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Does someone have a formula that will work  with delegation please?

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

To get rid of your delegation issue please set a global variable to:

Set(MyEmail,User().Email)

and use MyEmail variable to your formula.

I think you receive the same result, if you set your List Settings ->Advanced Settings -> Item-level Permissions, although i'm not totally sure that it's work on lists with 10.000 records.

This wouldn't solve your problem that you have with 10.000 records !  But I wonder what application user of yours is willing to receive about 10.000 records to surf between them. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

To get rid of your delegation issue please set a global variable to:

Set(MyEmail,User().Email)

and use MyEmail variable to your formula.

I think you receive the same result, if you set your List Settings ->Advanced Settings -> Item-level Permissions, although i'm not totally sure that it's work on lists with 10.000 records.

This wouldn't solve your problem that you have with 10.000 records !  But I wonder what application user of yours is willing to receive about 10.000 records to surf between them. 

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot it works!

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,708)