Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Filter gallery items according to group membership

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the filtering of items in a gallery in PowerApps. The gallery show list items from a SharePoint list. This list is connected to a FLOW for an approval process that sends each item for approval to an Office365 Group.

I want to filter the items in the gallery in such a way, that each member of the Office365 Group will see his/her items submitted for approval. 

Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Thanks in advance

Dorothee

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter gallery items according to group membership

@Dorothee

Do you have the name of the person within a Column in your SharePoint list?  The person must be in a People column.  If you do, here's an example:

Lets say our SharePoint list is called ApprovalsList and the column having a person is 'Approver'.  You can create a gallery in PowerApps to show only the items needing approval by the logged-in user by putting this code in the Items property

Filter(ApprovalsList, Approver.Email = User().Email)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@mdevaney No, the name of the person is not in the list. The person is member of an Office365 Group triggered throughout a flow connected to the list.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Dorothee
Then you’ll have to explain the problem to be solved in greater detail. Which rows from your list should be shown based on values in specific columns?
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Well, I have a list, that is filled through Power Apps and linked to a three-phases workflow. 
The items in the list are displayed in a gallery in PowerApps showing all items submitted for approval through PowerApps.

In the last step of the Workflow there is a Office365 Group of users approving/ rejecting an item.

I want to build a gallery where everyone in this group sees his/her items submitted for approval.

Therefor I need to get the membership of this particular Office365 group for any user of the Power App.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,157)