Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Filter gallery items according to group membership

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the filtering of items in a gallery in PowerApps. The gallery show list items from a SharePoint list. This list is connected to a FLOW for an approval process that sends each item for approval to an Office365 Group.

I want to filter the items in the gallery in such a way, that each member of the Office365 Group will see his/her items submitted for approval. 

Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Thanks in advance

Dorothee

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter gallery items according to group membership

@Dorothee

Do you have the name of the person within a Column in your SharePoint list?  The person must be in a People column.  If you do, here's an example:

Lets say our SharePoint list is called ApprovalsList and the column having a person is 'Approver'.  You can create a gallery in PowerApps to show only the items needing approval by the logged-in user by putting this code in the Items property

Filter(ApprovalsList, Approver.Email = User().Email)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@mdevaney No, the name of the person is not in the list. The person is member of an Office365 Group triggered throughout a flow connected to the list.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Dorothee
Then you’ll have to explain the problem to be solved in greater detail. Which rows from your list should be shown based on values in specific columns?
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Well, I have a list, that is filled through Power Apps and linked to a three-phases workflow. 
The items in the list are displayed in a gallery in PowerApps showing all items submitted for approval through PowerApps.

In the last step of the Workflow there is a Office365 Group of users approving/ rejecting an item.

I want to build a gallery where everyone in this group sees his/her items submitted for approval.

Therefor I need to get the membership of this particular Office365 group for any user of the Power App.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,125)