cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjarvis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Filter gallery on selected item from N:N relationship - Dynamics 365

I have 2x entities in Dynamics 365 (Customer Asset and Asset Advisory).

There is an N:N relationship between the Entities.

In Dynamics, I currently add an Asset Advisory to a Customer Asset by using a Sub-Grid.

I would like to make a Power App to embed in the Customer Asset Form in Dynamics that will display these Asset Advisories in a better way.

My current thought process is: Get the id of the Customer Asset then filter the Asset Advisories to show only those that are linked to that Customer Asset.

However, so far I'm struggling to work out how I can do that. There doesn't seem to be anything linking the two entities in CDS? Any pointers on how I should tackle this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarethPrisk
Super User II
Super User II

If you are using an Embedded app, you will have the context of the parent record and (most) of its fields/relationships.

You can then setup a Gallery/Data Table with [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.{ManyToManyRelationshipName} as the Items.

This will give you some better options for viewing the records, but will run into limitations for adding the records and accessing the related records (beyond simple fields). Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GarethPrisk
Super User II
Super User II

If you are using an Embedded app, you will have the context of the parent record and (most) of its fields/relationships.

You can then setup a Gallery/Data Table with [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.{ManyToManyRelationshipName} as the Items.

This will give you some better options for viewing the records, but will run into limitations for adding the records and accessing the related records (beyond simple fields). Good luck!

View solution in original post

That's exactly what I needed, thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,225)