cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gkrish23
Frequent Visitor

Filter gallery using Date Picker & Text box in Power-Apps

Hi,

I have been working on an app that I need to filter the gallery by using text box (search) and date picker (Start-date & End-date). 

Date-Picker:

Gkrish23_0-1612353114244.png

text-box:

Gkrish23_1-1612353171957.png

Gallery Name: Feedback Info  - where it contains info such as Area,Created by, Floor Name, Location, Created (date) etc stored in share-point.

Based on the text box values I want to filter the gallery at first, if in-case I want to narrow down further then need to use date range functionality. 

For ex:  Suppose If I type my name in text box then I will get all the info related to my name in gallery. If I want to check the specific time-period/date between November 2020 to December 2020 using date picker function, this is where I am not getting the exact result.

Code details are as follows for search text-box : (attached) and Date picker: (attached)

Please help assist on this query.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nate_halliwell
Advocate I
Advocate I

try this:

If(IsBlank(DatePicker_Start.SelectedDate),If(IsBlank(DatePicker_Start.SelectedDate),If(IsBlank(Searchbox.Text),FeedbackInfo,Filter(FeedbackInfo,Or(Searchbox.Text in Area, Searchbox.Text in Floor, Searchbox.Text in 'Created By'.DisplayName))),Filter(If(IsBlank(Searchbox.Text),FeedbackInfo,Filter(FeedbackInfo,Or(Searchbox.Text in Area, Searchbox.Text in Floor, Searchbox.Text in 'Created By'.DisplayName))),DaveValue(CreatedDate) >= DatePicker_Start.SelectedDate)),Filter(If(IsBlank(DatePicker_Start.SelectedDate),If(IsBlank(Searchbox.Text),FeedbackInfo,Filter(FeedbackInfo,Or(Searchbox.Text in Area, Searchbox.Text in Floor, Searchbox.Text in 'Created By'.DisplayName))),Filter(If(IsBlank(Searchbox.Text),FeedbackInfo,Filter(FeedbackInfo,Or(Searchbox.Text in Area, Searchbox.Text in Floor, Searchbox.Text in 'Created By'.DisplayName))),DaveValue(CreatedDate) >= DatePicker_Start.SelectedDate)),DaveValue(CreatedDate) <= DatePicker_End.SelectedDate))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nate_halliwell
Advocate I
Advocate I

try this:

If(IsBlank(DatePicker_Start.SelectedDate),If(IsBlank(DatePicker_Start.SelectedDate),If(IsBlank(Searchbox.Text),FeedbackInfo,Filter(FeedbackInfo,Or(Searchbox.Text in Area, Searchbox.Text in Floor, Searchbox.Text in 'Created By'.DisplayName))),Filter(If(IsBlank(Searchbox.Text),FeedbackInfo,Filter(FeedbackInfo,Or(Searchbox.Text in Area, Searchbox.Text in Floor, Searchbox.Text in 'Created By'.DisplayName))),DaveValue(CreatedDate) >= DatePicker_Start.SelectedDate)),Filter(If(IsBlank(DatePicker_Start.SelectedDate),If(IsBlank(Searchbox.Text),FeedbackInfo,Filter(FeedbackInfo,Or(Searchbox.Text in Area, Searchbox.Text in Floor, Searchbox.Text in 'Created By'.DisplayName))),Filter(If(IsBlank(Searchbox.Text),FeedbackInfo,Filter(FeedbackInfo,Or(Searchbox.Text in Area, Searchbox.Text in Floor, Searchbox.Text in 'Created By'.DisplayName))),DaveValue(CreatedDate) >= DatePicker_Start.SelectedDate)),DaveValue(CreatedDate) <= DatePicker_End.SelectedDate))

View solution in original post

Gkrish23
Frequent Visitor

@nate_halliwell Thanks for the quick response. I am getting the expected results. 

What if I want to add a drop-down box along with both Date-picker and search box?

Drop-down box (Items) contain country locations such as India,Thailand etc. Based on the country wise I want to filter the same gallery along with both functions. In that case , what adjustments do we need to make in the code?

Please assist on this..!!

@Gkrish23 i recently made a video about this exact scenario, actually....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bRR-Zq407c

essentially you'll need to nest the entire formula from my original post inside of an If(isBlank(CountryDropDown.Selected.Value), ......) formula.

Gkrish23
Frequent Visitor

@nate_halliwell Thanks for the update. Now I have understood the logic behind the filter function.!!

Kudos to the video as well..!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (956)