cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jroderick
Helper I
Helper I

Filter gallery using lookup entity

Working on my first app and having some issues with getting a gallery to filter based on a lookup field.

First off, I am using CDS.  I have 2 entities:

Projects

Pool

Projects is a related to Pools, making Projects a lookup field within Pool.

I want to be able to choose a Project and list all Pool records associated.  I am able to accomplish this, but as you can see, I am receiving a delegation warning (blue squiggles and blue dot).  I was hoping refering to lookup field data was as simple as Pool.Project.Field, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So, I have 2 questions,

1. Is there a way to filter using a lookup field and not have delegation issues?

2. Is there a way to access columns in the lookup field?

Thanks for any help!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jroderick,

About #1, I am afraid we are not able to filter without having delegation issue.
About #2, Lookup column can be accessed on a Form control. It seems that we are not able to show the Lookup column on a gallery.

And also there is a thread about “Filter gallery items based on a lookup field”, hope it could be a reference for you:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Filter-gallery-items-based-on-a-lookup-field/m-p...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jroderick,

About #1, I am afraid we are not able to filter without having delegation issue.
About #2, Lookup column can be accessed on a Form control. It seems that we are not able to show the Lookup column on a gallery.

And also there is a thread about “Filter gallery items based on a lookup field”, hope it could be a reference for you:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Filter-gallery-items-based-on-a-lookup-field/m-p...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,001)