cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmydebie
Regular Visitor

Filter in Gallery based on toggle value from SharePoint list

I'm creating a canvas app, the source is a SharePoint list.

On one of the screens I created, there's a Card with source a yes/no column.

Card : Fully approved_DataCard1

Default = ThisItem.'Fully approved'

Toggle: FullyApprovedToggle

On one of my screens, I added a Gallery, source is the same SP list. Here I want to display only those items that aren't fully approved yet, so where I assume FullyApprovedToggle.Value = False.

When adding the fields in the Gallery, I add the field Fully Approved, which is added as ThisItem.'Fully approved'

I want to create a filter on Gallery Items level, the closest I get is: 

Filter('TA Shipment REQ2', !'Fully approved')

Which works but gives me an alert: 

Delegation warning. This part "Filter" of this formula might not work correctly on large data sets.

Can I improve my filter so I don't get this warning anymore?

All help would be appreciated!

Jimmy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FilipeRelvas
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jimmydebie ,

Please use Filter('TA Shipment REQ2', 'Fully approved' = false) instead. OData doesn't recognize '!' within the filter which as a result turns the query into non delegable. The warning should disappear by doing that 🙂

Please remember to mark the answer as a verified solution if the reported behavior is resolved!

Best regards,

Filipe Relvas

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FilipeRelvas
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jimmydebie ,

Please use Filter('TA Shipment REQ2', 'Fully approved' = false) instead. OData doesn't recognize '!' within the filter which as a result turns the query into non delegable. The warning should disappear by doing that 🙂

Please remember to mark the answer as a verified solution if the reported behavior is resolved!

Best regards,

Filipe Relvas

Thanks @FilipeRelvas , this solved my issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,713)