cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natanael1981

Filter in combo box

Hi,

Connection to a sharepoint list I have built a form that populates based on a combobox filter.

the filter combobox as Item='Repository List' and is showing two searchable fields/columns in the sharepoint list ("Assignee" and "Subject Name"). I would like to filter when a third column "Status" has only certain values: "in Process","assigned not started", "Monitoring". So the combo list still shows all list lines with Assignee and Subject Name but only when the status as as described.

I have tried the function filter, choices etc... but nothing works. Any thoughts what else could I do to achieve this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filter in combo box

Hi @Natanael1981 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Assignee" and "Subject Name" column in your SP List? Are they both Text type column?

Could you please show more details about the "Status" column? Is it a Choice type column?

I made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Items property of the ComboBox to following:

Filter('Repository List', Status.Value = "in Process" || Status.Value = "assigned not started" || Status.Value = "Monitoring")

Then re-configure the "Assignee" and "Subject Name" column as searchable fields in your ComboBox.

Note: I assume that the Status column is a Choice type column in your SP List.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@Natanael1981 

I have two requests before I respond further:

#1  Can you please share a screenshot of your app and any code used so far to successfully filter by Assignee and Subject Name?  If you can share this I can do a better job of tailoring my answer to your situation

#2  Can you please confirm status is a Choice column in SharePoint?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Natanael1981 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Assignee" and "Subject Name" column in your SP List? Are they both Text type column?

Could you please show more details about the "Status" column? Is it a Choice type column?

I made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Items property of the ComboBox to following:

Filter('Repository List', Status.Value = "in Process" || Status.Value = "assigned not started" || Status.Value = "Monitoring")

Then re-configure the "Assignee" and "Subject Name" column as searchable fields in your ComboBox.

Note: I assume that the Status column is a Choice type column in your SP List.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,077)